Zhu Sha An Shen Wan (Cinnabar Pill to Calm the Spirit)
Formula 6 of 9 in Formulas that Calm the Spirit
- Formulas that Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit
- Heart Fire injuring Yin and Blood
- Clears Heart Fire, Sedates the Heart, calms the spirit, and tonifies Yin
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Red tongue
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Thin rapid pulse
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Section not completed...
- This formula contains one or more toxic substances.
While some Chinese herbs are toxic, many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity.
- Pills. Grind Huang Lian, Dang Gui, Sheng Di Huang, and Zhi Gan Cao into an even powder and form into pills. The pills were traditionally coated with Zhu Sha.
- Take one 6-9 gram dose once a day before bedtime, or twice a day.
- Appropriately reduce dosages to prepare a decoction. Zhu Sha was traditionally taken with the strained decoction.
Originally Appeared In:
- Clarifying Doubts About Injury from Internal and External Causes (Nei Wai Shang Bian Huo Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Heart, Large Intestine, Stomach, Liver, Spleen, Kidneys
There are 5 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
15 grams (refined with water) of Zhu Sha (Cinnabar)
18 grams of Huang Lian (Coptis Rhizome)
7.5 grams of Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root)
7.5 grams of Sheng Di Huang (Chinese Foxglove Root, Rehmannia)
16.5 grams of Zhi Gan Cao (Honey Fried Licorice Root)
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: