Wu Zhu Yu Tang (Evodia Decoction)
Formula 7 of 10 in Formulas that Warm Interior Cold
our partners at CHD
- Formulas that Warm the Channels and Disperse Cold
- Middle Jiao Cold (ST) from deficiency with Liver or Kidney Channel Cold
- Tonifies and warms the Liver and Stomach
- Descends rebellious Stomach Qi and stops vomiting.
- Stomach Cold with rebellious Qi: Immediate nausea and vomiting after eating, acid reflux, abdominal or epigastric pain or fullness, and gnawing hunger
- Jue Yin Channel Cold (Liver): Vertex headache, dry heaves, or spitting of clear fluids.
- Shao Yin Channel Cold (Kidney): Watery diarrhea and vomiting with cold hands and feet. Severe mental agitation.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale with a white slippery coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Wiry slow pulse
- Weak pulse
- Acute and Chronic Gastritis
- Morning Sickness
- Neurogenic Headache
- Meniere's Disease
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of acid regurgitation or vomiting due to heat
- In cases of severe vomiting, this formula should be taken at room temperature to help prevent vomiting of the formula.
- Possible side effects of this formula include dizziness, headache, and chest discomfort.
- This formula contains one or more toxic substances.
While some Chinese herbs are toxic, many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity.
- Decoction. Modern dosage is usually decreased to protect the middle burner.
- Dang Shen can be substituted for Ren Shen with 2-3 times the dosage, and Da Zao is usually decreased to 4 pieces.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Stomach, Spleen, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese MedicneWu Zhu Yu (Evodia Fruit)
Quantity = 9-12 grams
Quantity = 18 grams
Quantity = 9 grams
Quantity = 12 pieces
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: