Chinese Herb: Fu Ling Pi (Poria Skin), Sclerotii Poriae Cocos
Herb 11 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
HT, SP, LU
Sweet, Bland, Neutral
Sclerotii Poriae Cocos
fú líng pí
Chinese Herb Actions
Promote Urination and Reduce Edema
It is for urinary difficulties and it is better for skin edema than Fu Ling. Also for abdominal distension by facilitating the water pathways.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Use with caution in cases of Yin deficiency or spermatorrhea
- None noted but this herb has a diuretic effect and care should be used when taken with other diuretics
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- None noted, but allergic reaction to Fu Ling have been noted with symptoms including itching, rashes, vertigo, nausea, and achy extremities.
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 10-15 grams in decoction 12
- 15-30 grams in decoction 13
Chinese Herb Notes
- Fu Ling Pi is less tonifying than Fu Ling but has a stronger diuretic effect without draining the Qi.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
Wu Pi San (Wu Pi Yin) (Five Peel Powder)
Formulas that Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness