Bai Hu Tang (White Tiger Decoction)
Formula 3 of 30 in Formulas that Clear Heat
our partners at CHD
- Formulas that Clear Heat from the Qi Level
- 6 Stages: Yang Ming Channel Heat
- 4 Levels: Qi Level Heat
- Clear Yang-Ming and Qi Level excess heat
- Generates fluids and stops thirst.
- Drains Stomach fire.
- High fever, excess thirst, profuse sweating, irritability, dry mouth, and aversion to heat
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Dry tongue
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Slippery and Rapid Pulse
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of Stomach and Spleen deficiency with symptoms such as spontaneous sweating, fever, aversion to wind, fatigue, and a floating deficient pulse
- Do not use in cases of true cold and false heat.
- Do not use in exterior conditions.
- Decoction. Cook until rice is done and ingest liquid.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
- This formula is often described as treatng the "4 Bigs", which are big fever, big thirst, big sweat, big pulse.
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Stomach, Kidneys, Spleen
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese MedicneShi Gao (Gypsum)
Quantity = 30 grams
Quantity = 9 grams
Quantity = 3 grams
Quantity = 9-15 grams
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: