Dong Kui Zi (Musk Mallow Seeds, Abutilon Seeds)
Herb 12 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
our partners at CHD
Chinese Herb Actions
For painful urinary dribbling with heat, blood, or stones. Also for edema with constipation.
- Promotes Lactation, Benefits the Breasts
For insufficient lactation, swollen breasts, and pain in the breasts.
- Moistens the Intestines
For constipation due to lack of yin
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Use with caution in cases with loose stools due to Cold or Spleen Deficiency.
- Use with caution in pregnant mothers
- Care should be used in patients taking diuretics like Lasix.
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- None noted at normal dosage.
- Overdose can lead to hallucinations, delirious speech, double vision, and mild excitation
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 10-15 grams in decoction for Dong Kui Zi 12
- 3-9 grams in decoction for Dong Kui Guo 13
Chinese Herb Notes
- The fruit is a papery covering over the seeds.
- This herb promotes both urination, bowel movement, and lactation due to its sweet, bland, cold and slippery nature.