Bai Hua She (Agkistrodon, Bungarus)
Herb 1 of 21 in Herbs that Dispel Wind-Dampness
our partners at CHD
Chinese Herb Actions
Dispels Wind, Unblocks the Channels and Collaterals, and Extinguishes Wind
For Painful Obstruction Syndrome (Bi Zheng). This herb can strongly disperse along the skin, within the organs, and through to the bone. For stubborn and chronic numbness and pain. Also for post Wind-Stroke problems such as Hemiplegia, Paralysis, and deviation of the face.
- Dispels Wind From the Skin
For itching, tinea, rash, skin numbness, chronic non-healing ulcers, hives, and other skin disorders.
- Dispels Wind From the Muscles and Stops Convulsions
For muscle cramps, spasms, seizures, convulsions, tetanus, and Wind-Stroke.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not use, or use extreme caution, in patients with Yin Deficiency, Blood Dryness, or in cases where Blood Deficiency could cause Internal Wind rising.
- As Bai Hua She has an anticoagulant effect, it should be used with extreme caution when taking anti-platelet or anti-coagulant drugs.
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic.
(while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity)
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 3-10 grams