Ba Dou (Croton Seed)
Herb 1 of 6 in Harsh Expellants
our partners at CHD
Chinese Herb Actions
Unblocks and Drastically Purges Interior Cold Accumulation
For constipation, distention, fullness, and pain.
- Regulates Water Metabolism
For ascites and edema.
- Frees Blocked Phlegm and Helps the Throat
For wheezing, difficult breathing, chest fullness and distention. Also for phlegm misting the orifices.
- Helps Heal Ulcers and Abscesses
To help accelerate ulcerating. Also used for furuncles, warts, dermatitis, and phagedena.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy. This herb has been shown to cause teratogenic (birth defects) effects.
- Do not use in weak patients
- Do not use with Qian Niu Zi
- Avoid hot liquids
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic.
(while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity)
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 0.1-0.3 grams
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
- San Wu Bei Ji Wan (Three Substance Pill for Emergencies)
Category: Formulas that Warm the Yang and Guide Out Accumulation
- Tian Tai Wu Yao San (Top Quality Lindera Powder)
Category: Formulas that Promote the Movement of Qi
This herb antagonizes or is antagonized by: