Chinese Herb: Bai Guo (Ginkgo Nut), Semen Ginkgonis Bilobae
Herb 1 of 22 in Herbs that Astringe, Stabilize, Bind
Sweet, Bitter, Astringent, Neutral, Slightly Toxic
Semen Ginkgonis Bilobae
Chinese Herb Actions
Stops Wheezing and Dispels Phlegm
For asthma, wheezing, dyspnea, and chronic cough with copious sputum due to heat, phlegm, or Lung Deficiency. Also treats Lung Qi Deficiency causing loss of voice. Can be combined with heat and phlegm clearing herbs to treat excess conditions.
- Astringes and Stabilizes Leakage and Dispels Dampness in the Lower Jiao
For clear or yellow leukorrhea, spermatorrhea, incontinence, and frequent urination. Can be used in cases of Damp-Heat or Deficiency.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not use in excess conditions or with exterior patterns.
- Do not use in the initial stages of cough.
- Do not use with sticky, viscous phlegm due to Yin Deficiency.
- As this herb is slightly toxic, it should not be used long term, or in large quantities.
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic.
(while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity)
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 1.5-9 grams