LU-01 (Zhong Fu) Central Treasury, Central Residence
Acupuncture Points on the Lung Channel of Hand Tai Yin
- Meeting Point of the Lung and Spleen Channels
- Front Mu of the Lungs
- Disseminates and descends Lung Qi and alleviates cough and wheezing
- Transforms phlegm, clears heat and regulates the water passages
- Descends Stomach Qi
- Cough, asthma, pain in the chest, shoulder and back, fullness in the chest
- As the entry point of the Lung Channel and the meeting point with the Spleen channel, LU-01 (Zhong Fu) is where the Ying Qi begins it's cycle throughout the channels.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the lateral aspect of the chest, in the first intercostal space, 6 cun lateral to the midline, 1 cun inferior to Yunmen LU-2.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Latero-superior to the sternum, 1 cun below Yunmen (LU-2), at the level of the first intercostal space, 6 cun lateral to the anterior midline.
- Puncture obliquely 0.5-0.8 inch towards the lateral aspect of the chest. To avoid injuring the lung, never puncture deeply towards the medial aspect. Moxibustion is applicable.