Bai Hu Tang (White Tiger Decoction)
Formula 3 of 30 in Formulas that Clear Heat
- Formulas that Clear Heat from the Qi Level
- 6 Stages: Yang Ming Channel Heat
- 4 Levels: Qi Level Heat
- Clear Yang-Ming and Qi Level excess heat
- Generates fluids and stops thirst.
- Drains Stomach fire.
- High fever, excess thirst, profuse sweating, irritability, dry mouth, and aversion to heat
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Dry tongue
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Slippery and Rapid Pulse
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of Stomach and Spleen deficiency with symptoms such as spontaneous sweating, fever, aversion to wind, fatigue, and a floating deficient pulse
- Do not use in cases of true cold and false heat.
- Do not use in exterior conditions.
- Decoction. Cook until rice is done and ingest liquid.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
- This formula is often described as treatng the "4 Bigs", which are big fever, big thirst, big sweat, big pulse.
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Stomach, Kidneys, Spleen
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Shi Gao (Qty: 30 grams)
Sweet, Spicy, Very Cold
Zhi Mu (Qty: 9 grams)
LU, ST, KI
Rhizoma Anemarrhenae Aspheloidis
Know About Mother
Zhi Gan Cao (Qty: 3 grams)
All 12 Channels
zhì gān căo