ST-09 (Ren Ying) Man's Prognosis
Acupuncture Points on the Stomach Channel of Foot Yang Ming
- Meeting Point of the Stomach and Gallbladder Channels
- Point of the Window of Heaven, Point of the Sea of Qi
- Regulates Qi and blood and lowers rebellion
- Benefits the throat and neck
- Alleviates pain
- Sore throat, asthma, goiter, dizziness, flushing of the face.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: Level with the tip of and 1.5 cun lateral to the laryngeal prominence, in the depression between the anterior border of the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the lateral border of the thyroid cartilage. Note: the carotid artery lies just deep to, and can be readily palpated at, the anterior border of the sternocleidomastoid muscle. This point therefore lies between the carotid artery and the lateral border of the thyroid cartilage.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Level with the tip of Adam's apple where the pulsation of common carotid artery is palpable, on the anterior border of m. sternocleidomastoideus.
- Avoid puncturing the common carotid artery, puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 inch.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!