ST-08 (Tou Wei) Head Corner
Acupuncture Points on the Stomach Channel of Foot Yang Ming
- Meeting Point of the Stomach and Gallbladder Channels with the Yang Motility Vessel
- Eliminates wind and alleviates pain
- Benefits the eyes
- Headache, blurring of vision, ophthalmalgia, lacrimation.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: At the corner of the forehead, 4.5 cun lateral to Shenting DU-24 and 0.5 cun within the anterior hairline.
There are three methods to locate this point:
i. Find the meeting point of a horizontal line drawn 0.5 cun within the anterior hairline, and a vertical line drawn 0.5 cun posterior to the hairline of the temple
ii. Locate Toulinqi GB-15 which lies directly above the pupil when the patient is looking directly forwards, and Shenting DU-24 which lies on the midline, 0.5 cun posterior to the anterior hairline. Touwei ST-8 lies on the continuation of a line drawn between these two points and twice its distance
iii. 0.5 cun superior to the upper line of origin of the temporalis muscle, 0.5 cun posterior to a vertical line drawn directly above Taiyang (M-HN-9).
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the lateral side of the head, 0.5 cun above the anterior hairline at the corner of the forehead, and 4.5 cun lateral to the midline of the head.
- Puncture 0.5-1.0 inch subcutaneously.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!