SJ-05 (Wai Guan) Outer Pass
Acupuncture Points on the San Jiao Channel of Hand Shao Yang
- Luo (Connecting) Point
- Confluent Point of the Yang Linking Vessel
- Expels wind and releases the exterior
- Benefits the head and ears
- Opens the Yang Linking vessel
- Clears heat
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Febrile diseases, headache, pain in the cheek, strained neck, deafness, tinnitus, pain in the hypochondriac region, motor impairment of the elbow and arm, pain of the fingers, hand tremor.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: 2 cun proximal to Yangchi SJ-4, in the depression between the radius and the ulna, on the radial side of the extensor digitorum communis tendons.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: 2 cun proximal to the dorsal crease of the wrist, on the line connecting Yangchi (SJ-4) and the tip of olecranon, between the radius and ulna.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!