REN-12 (Zhong Wan) Central Venter
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Hui-Meeting Point of the Fu, Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Small Intestine, Sanjiao and Stomach Channels
- Front Mu of the Stomach
Common and Key Uses:
- Epigatric pain in the Stomach due to Qi Stagnation from any of the Seven Emotions
- Harmonizes the middle jiao and descends rebellion
- Tonifies the Stomach and fortifies the Spleen
- Regulates Qi and alleviates pain
- Stomachache, abdominal distention, borborygmus, nausea, vomiting, acid regurgitation, diarrhea, dysentery, jaundice, indigestion, insomnia.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the abdomen, 4 cun above the umbilicus and midway between the umbilicus and the sternocostal angle.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior midline, 4 cun above the umbilicus.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!