REN-13 (Shang Wan) Upper Venter
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Stomach and Small Intestine Channels
- Harmonizes the Stomach and regulates Qi
- Descends rebellion and alleviates vomiting
- Regulates the Heart
- Stomachache, abdominal distention, nausea, vomiting, epilepsy, insomnia.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the abdomen, 5 cun above the umbilicus and 3 cun below the sternocostal angle.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior midline, 5 cun above the umbilicus.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!