LI-15 (Jian Yu) Shoulder Bone
Acupuncture Points on the Large Intestine Channel of Hand Yang Ming
- Meeting Point of the Large Intestine Channel with the Yang Motility Vessel
- Dispels wind-damp, alleviates pain and benefits the shoulder joint
- Eliminates wind and regulates Qi and blood
- Regulates Qi and dissipates phlegm nodules
- Pain in the shoulder and arm, motor impairment of the upper extremities, rubella, scrofula.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: In the depression which lies anterior and inferior to the acromion, at the origin of the deltoid muscle. (Note: Jianliao SJ-14 is located in the depression which lies posterior and inferior to the acromion).
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Antero-inferior to the acromion, on the upper portion of m. deltoideus. When the arm is in full abduction, the point is in the depression appearing at the anterior border of the acromioclavicular joint.
- Puncture perpendicularly or obliquely 0.8-1.5 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!