BL-23 (Shen Shu) Kidney Shu
Acupuncture Points on the Bladder Channel of Foot Tai Yang
- Back Shu of the Kidneys
- Tonifies the Kidneys and fortifies yang
- Benefits essence
- Nourishes Kidney yin
- Firms Kidney Qi
- Regulates the water passages and benefits urination
- Benefits and warms the uterus
- Benefits the ears and eyes
- Strengthens the lumbar region
- Nocturnal emission, impotence, enuresis, irregular menstruation, leukorrhea, low back pain, weakness of the knee, blurring of vision, dizziness, tinnitus, deafness, edema, asthma, diarrhea.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: 1.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the second lumbar vertebra (L2).
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: 1.5 cun lateral to Mingmen (DU-4), at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the second lumbar vertebra.
- Puncture perpendicularly 1-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.