Herb 25 of 34 in
Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
HT, LIV, BL, PER
Spicy, Bitter, Slightly Cold
Herba Leonuri Heterophylli
Benefit Mother Herb
Chinese Herb Actions
Invigorates Blood, Dispels Blood Stasis, Reduces Masses
A very important herb for gynecological disorders due to blood stagnation. It regulated blood in the chong and treats irregular menses, amenorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain, heavy menses with clots, fixed abdominal masses, infertility and traumatic pain.
- Promotes Urination, Reduces Swelling and Edema
For acute systemic edema especially if blood in the urine. Treats dysuria, scanty urine, chronic edema, heavy sensation in the back and legs, abdominal distension, fullness after meals, sallow complexion, fatigue, listlessness and difficulty moving. For edema associated with chronic nephritis. Also for kidney stones.
- Clears Heat and Toxin
For dermatological disorders including eczema, sores, lesions, ulcers, itchy rashes, and toxic swellings
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Use strict caution in pregnancy
- Do not use in Blood and Yin Deficient patients
- Do not use in Yang Deficient patients with prolapse
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- The alkaloid content makes this herb slightly toxic with symptoms including sudden general weakness, stiffness, paralysis, general body pains, oppressive sensation in chest, excess sweating, low blood pressure, cold extremities, shock, cyanosis, respiratory paralysis and miscarriage.
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 9-15 grams in decoction, maximum dose of 30 grams (Bensky)
- 10-15 grams in decoction, maximum dose of 30 grams (Chen)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: