Chinese Herbs: Ba Dou (Croton Seed), Crotonis Fructus
Herb 1 of 6
ST, LI, LU
Spicy, Hot, Toxic
Chinese Herb Actions
Unblocks and Drastically Purges Interior Cold Accumulation
For constipation, distention, fullness, and pain.
- Regulates Water Metabolism
For ascites and edema.
- Frees Blocked Phlegm and Helps the Throat
For wheezing, difficult breathing, chest fullness and distention. Also for phlegm misting the orifices.
- Helps Heal Ulcers and Abscesses
To help accelerate ulcerating. Also used for furuncles, warts, dermatitis, and phagedena.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy. This herb has been shown to cause teratogenic (birth defects) effects.
- Do not use in weak patients
- Do not use with Qian Niu Zi
- Avoid hot liquids
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic.
(while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity)
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 0.1-0.3 grams
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
San Wu Bei Ji Wan (Three Substance Pill for Emergencies)
Formulas that Warm the Yang and Guide Out Accumulation
Tian Tai Wu Yao San (Top Quality Lindera Powder)
Formulas that Promote the Movement of Qi
This herb antagonizes or is antagonized by: