Formula 2 of 14 in Formulas that Drain Downward
- Formulas that Purge Heat Accumulation
- Mild Heat in the Yang-Ming (Organ Syndrome)
- Clear Stomach and Intestinal Heat
- Moderately purges heat accumulation and moves the Qi.
- Afternoon tidal fever, abdominal and focal distension, abdominal pain that does not increase with pressure, constipation or diarrhea, sweating, irritability or delirium, tenesmus
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Dry, dirty, or old looking yellow tongue coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Early Stage Dysenteric Disorders
- Acute Simple Intestinal Obstruction
- Acute Cholecystitis
- Acute Appendicitis
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use if external pathogens have not been released
- Use cautiously in patients with a weak constitution.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- Decoction. Decoct with 4 cups of water. Boil down to 2 cups and divide into two doses.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Large Intestine, Stomach, Heart, Liver, Lungs, Spleen
There are 3 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
HT, LI, LIV, ST
Radix Et Rhizoma Rhei
Hou Po (Qty: 6 grams)
Bitter, Spicy, Warm, Aromatic
Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis
Zhi Shi (Qty: 3 pieces (6-9 grams))
Bitter, Spicy, Slightly Cold
Fructus Immaturus Citri Aurantii
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: