Formula 4 of 8 in Formulas that Harmonize
- Formulas that Harmonize Lesser Yang-stage Disorders
- Shao-Yang Stage Disorders
- Harmonizes Shao Yang Stage disorders
- Harmonizes and Tonifies the Middle Jiao.
- Alternating chills and fever, dry mouth and throat, bitter taste in the mouth, irritability, dizziness, fullness and discomfort in the hypochondria and chest, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, and heartburn
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Normal with a thin white coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Epidemic Parotitis
- Post Partum Fever
- Intercostal Neuralgia
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- The ascending nature of this formula can injure Qi, possibly causing dizziness, headache, or gum bleeding if taken for a long period of time
- Do not use in cases where there is excess above and deficiency below.
- Do not use in cases of Liver fire, Liver yang rising, and hypertension.
- Do not use in cases of Yin deficiency with vomiting of blood.
- Possible side effects of this formula include chills, fever, and sweating.
- Decoction. 2-3 Times the amount of Dang Shen can be substituted for Ren Shen. Chai Hu and Ban Xia are often reduced to 12 Grams, Zhi Gan Cao is often reduced to 6 Grams, and Da Zao to 4 Pieces.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Pericardium, Gall Bladder, Liver, Lungs, Large Intestine, Stomach, Spleen
There are 7 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Chai Hu (Qty: 24 grams)
GB, LIV, PER, TB
Bitter, Spicy, Cool
Kindling of the Barbarians
Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis
Ban Xia (Qty: 24 grams)
Sheng Ban Xia Shown
Spicy, Warm, Toxic
Rhizoma Pinelliae Tematae
uncooked Rhizoma Zingiberis
Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Slightly Warm
All 12 Channels
Da Zao (Qty: 12 pieces)
Fructus Zizyphi Jujubae
Hong Zao, Hei Da Zao, Hei Zao
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: