ST-06 (Jia Che) Jawbone
Acupuncture Points on the Stomach Channel of Foot Yang Ming
- Sun Si-miao Ghost Point
- Eliminates wind and benefits the jaw and teeth
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Facial paralysis, toothache, swelling of the cheek and face, mumps, trismus.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: Approximately 1 fingerbreadth anterior and superior to the angle of the jaw at the prominence of the masseter muscle.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: One finger-breadth (middle finger) anterior and superior to the lower angle of the mandible where m. masseter is prominence when the teeth are clenched, and depressive when it is pressed.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 inch, or subcutaneously with the tip of the needle directed towards Dicang (ST 4). Moxibustion is applicable.