SI-09 (Jian Zhen) True Shoulder
Acupuncture Points on the Small Intestine Channel of Hand Tai Yang
- Expels wind and benefits the shoulder
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Pain in the scapular region, motor impairment of the hand and arm.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the posterior aspect of the shoulder, 1 cun superior to the posterior axillary crease when the arm hangs in the adducted position.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Posterior and inferior to the shoulder joint. When the arm is adducted, the point is 1 cun above the posterior end of the axillary fold.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.