DU-03 (Yao Yang Guan) Lumbar Yang Pass
Acupuncture Points on the Du Mai (Governing Vessel)
Common and Key Uses:
- Wei syndromes
- Dispels wind-damp
- Benefits the lumbar region and legs
- Regulates the lower jiao
- Irregular menstruation, nocturnal emission, impotence, pain in the lumbosacral region, muscular atrophy, motor impairment, numbness and pain of the lower extremities.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the lower back, in the depression below the spinous process of the fourth lumbar vertebra.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Below the spinous process of the fourth lumbar vertebra, at the level with the crista iliaca.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.