Herb 14 of 21 in
Herbs that Dispel Wind-Dampness
Spicy, Bitter, Warm
Cortex Radicis Acanthopanacis Gracistyli
Bark of Five Additions
Chinese Herb Actions
Dispels Wind and Damp, Strengthens Tendons and Bones
For elderly or developmentally delayed children with weak or deficient bones and tendons. For muscle spasm, pain and cramps due to excess or deficient conditions. Also for weak and sore low back and knees.
- Reduces Swelling, Transforms Damp
For edema and dysuria along with Cold Damp Leg Qi.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Use caution when working with heavy machinery, this herb has a sedative effect.
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- One case of bilateral vision loss has been reported following an ingestion of 500 grams. Perhaps due to an adulterant
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 5-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 4.5-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
Chinese Herb Notes
- This herb is a well know adaptogen that has shown the ability to increase performance in mice