Herb 25 of 28 in
Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
Rhizoma Dioscoreae Hypoglaucae
Chinese Herb Actions
Seperates Clear from the Turbid
For cloudy urine, milky urine, blood streaked urine, and leukorrhea all caused by turbid dampness in the lower jiao. If due to Lower Jiao Damp Heat, symptoms include frequent and painful urination with burning sensations, red tongue and yellow greasy coat. If due to Yang Deficiency, patient symptoms lack any burning or pain.
- Expels Wind-Damp and Damp Heat, Relaxes the Sinews, Unblocks the Collaterals
It has a mild effect on Bi Zheng(Painful Obstruction Syndrom) including low back pain, numb and stiff lower extremities(especially the knees), and muscle aches.It also treats eczema and pustular sores due to damp-heat in the skin.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Use with caution in patients with Kidney Yin deficiency, Yin Deficiency with blazing fire, and terminal dripping of urine with dampness present.
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- None Noted
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 10-15 grams in decoction 12
9-15 grams in decoction 13
Chinese Herb Notes
- Some practitioners feel the effects of this herb are gradual only becoming noticed after several weeks and is therefore more appropriate for chronic painful obstruction
Chinese Herb Clinical Studies & Research
- 14 nephritis patients were successfully treated using Bi Xie, Huang Bai, Zhi Mu, Ze Xie, Fu Ling, Yi Zhi Ren, and Mu Dan Pi.
Zhong Yi Za Zha, 1959; 6;21
- 32 patients with urinary tract infection were treated with Bi Xie (20g), Fu Ling (30g), Hua Shi (30g), Cang Zhu (15g), Huang Bai (15g), Chen Qian Zi (15g), Qu Mai (15g), Chuan Mu Tong (10g), Bian Xu (10g), Zhi Zi (10g), Da Huang (10g), Gan Cao (3g). 18 of the 32 showed complete recovery and 13 showed marked improvement, 1 had no response.
Zhe Jiang Zhong Yi Za Zhi(1992; 27;2:59)
- 41 cases of urinary tract syndrome treated with Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin.
Jiangsu Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 1999;20(5):19.
- Methanol extract of Dioscoreae Rhizoma inhibits pro-inflammatory cytokines and mediators in the synoviocytes of rheumatoid arthritis.
Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Mar;5(3):629.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: