Herb 2 of 19 in
Herbs that Stop Bleeding
Bitter, Sweet, Cool, Astringent
Bai Gen, Gan Gen, Lian Ji Cao
Chinese Herb Actions
Restrains Leakage of Blood and Stops Bleeding
For Hematemesis, Hemoptysis, Lung Abscesses, and bleeding due to trauma.
- Nourishes Yin, Cools Heat, and Preserves Body Fluids
For bleeding in the Lungs and Stomach causing Hematemesis, Hemoptysis, and Epistaxis.
- Reduces Swelling and Promotes Generation of Flesh
Can be applied topically to treat ulcers, sores, swellings, and chapped skin. It can reduce the swelling of sores, and speed the healing of chronic non-healing sores.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Do not use in cases where hemoptysis is caused by external disease.
- Do not use in early stage Lung abscesses.
- Do not use when bleeding is due to excess fire and toxins.
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
Chinese Herb Dosage
Chinese Herb Notes
- The powdered form of this herb is usually mixed with the strained decoction.
- This herb is effective topically to stop bleeding from traumatic injury.
Chinese Herb Combinations:
- Bai Ji (Rhizoma Bletillae)
- San Qi (Radix Pseudoginseng)
This herb is incompatible with:
- Stops Bleeding, Dispels Blood Stagnation, and Generates Flesh
- Vomiting of blood (hematemesis)
- Coughing of blood (hemoptysis)
- Bleeding due to traumatic injury
- Used externally on affected area for traumatic injury
Fu Zi (Radix Lateralis Praeparatus Aconiti Carmichaeli)
Cao Wu (Radix Aconiti Kusnezoffii Preparata)
Chuan Wu (Radix Aconiti Preparata)