Formula 5 of 25 in Formulas that Release the Exterior
- Formulas that Release Early-Stage Exterior Disorders
- Exterior Wind-Cold Excess
- Promotes sweating, releases the exterior, and disperses wind cold
- Excess Wind Cold condition
- Chills and fever, no sweating, body aches, headache, wheezing, runny nose with clear discharge.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
Possible Pulse Patterns:
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Used only in exterior excess Wind Cold, and it's use is ceased once sweating occurs
- Not for exterior deficient Wind Cold patterns.
- Not for exterior Wind Heat patterns.
- Not for patients that are prone to bleeding.
- Use caution in patients with Hypertension.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
- This formula is best used when there is NO sweating with an exterior cold condition.
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Bladder, Heart, Large Intestine
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Spicy, Slightly Bitter, Warm
Gui Zhi (Qty: 6 grams)
Spicy, Sweet, Warm
Ramulus Cinnamomi Cassiae
Xing Ren (Qty: 9-12 grams)
Bitter, Slightly Warm, Slightly Toxic
Semen Pruni Armeniacae
All 12 Channels
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: