SP-10 (Xue Hai) Sea of Blood
Acupuncture Points on the Spleen Channel of Foot Tai Yin
- Invigorates the blood and dispels stasis
- Cools blood
- Harmonizes menstruation
- Benefits the skin
- Irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, uterine bleeding, amenorrhea, urticaria, eczema, erysipelas, pain in the medial aspect of the thigh.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: 2 cun proximal to the superior border of the patella, in the tender depression on the bulge of the vastus medialis muscle, directly above Yinlingquan SP-9.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: When the knee is flexed, the point is 2 cun above the medio-superior border of the patella, on the bulge of the medial portion of m. quadriceps femoris.
Or when the patient's knee is flexed, cup your right palm to his left knee, with the thumb on the medial side and with the other four fingers directed proximally, and the thumb forming an angle of 45° with the index finger. The point is where the tip of your thumb rests.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!