Herb 14 of 14 in Herbs that Drain Fire
HT, LIV, LU, ST, TB
Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis
- Clears Heat and Calms the Spirit
For high fever, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, delirium, or chest constriction.
- Drains Damp-Heat
For dysuria from Damp-Heat in the Lower Jiao, jaundice from Damp-Heat in the Liver and Gallbladder, and Damp-Heat in the San Jiao and Gallbladder channels affecting the face, nose, and eyes.
- Cools the Blood, Reduces Toxins, and Stops Bleeding
For epistaxis, vomiting Blood, or Blood in the stool or urine.
- Reduces swelling and moves Blood Stagnation
Can be mixed with egg whites and vinegar and applied topically for trauma.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Contraindicated in cases of loose stool, diarrhea, or loss of appetite from cold in the spleen and stomach.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- The use of gemposide caused diarrhea in mice.
- 3-12 grams.
- Part used: fruit.
- Partially char to stop bleeding.
- Dry-frying until herb turns yellow will reduce tendency of this herb to cause nausea and vomiting.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: