Herb 13 of 14 in Herbs that Drain Fire
Rhizoma Anemarrhenae Aspheloidis
Know About Mother
- Clears Heat in the Qi Level
For high fever. irritability, and a rapid and flooding pulse. Very effective at clearing heat in the stomach and Lungs, with intense thirst and thick yellow sputum.
- Moistens Dryness and Nourishes Yin
For Lung and Kidney Yin deficiency with night sweats, five centers heat, afternoon fevers, steaming bone fever, or irritability. Also for spermatorrhea and leakage of vital essence.
- Generates Fluids
For thirst, dry and ulcerated mouth, dry throat, and for wasting and thirsting disorder.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases of Cold from Spleen and Stomach Deficiency, or with diarrhea.
- May interfere with Anti-Diabetic drugs.
Toxicity and Overdose
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
- 6-12 grams.
- Part used: rhizome.
- Frying in saltwater will strengthen ability to benefit the kidneys and will direct the actions of a formula downward.
- Bai He (Bulbus Lilii)
- Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae Aspheloidis)
- Nourish Yin and Clear Heat
- Mental agitation, insomnia, vertigo
- Dry cough
- Honey fry Bai He for dry cough and use raw Bai He for agitation and insomnia.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: