Herb 15 of 15 in Herbs that Tonify Yin
Sweet, Slightly Cold
Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati
- Nourishes Lung and Stomach Yin, Moistens Dryness
Treats dry cough, dry throat, irritability, and thirst. Also for cough with scanty, sticky sputum or chronic respiratory disorders with a consumptive cough. Treats wasting and thirsting disorder with intense hunger and constipation. Treats symptoms of Stomach Yin Deficiency including hunger but no desire to eat, dull epigastric pain, stomach discomfort, dry mouth and dry tongue.
- Extinguishes Wind, Softens and Moistens the Sinews
For Pain and spasms in the sinews due to wind generated by deficient Fluids. For dizziness due to internal wind.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases of loose stools due to cold
- Do not use in cases of Spleen Deficiency, Stomach Deficiency, Phlegm-Damp, Phlegm Stagnation, and Qi Stagnation
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Overdose may lead to mild reactions including nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, as well as pruritus or papular rash.
- 10-15 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 6-15 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: