Herb 26 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
Jade Rice Whiskers
- Promote and Unblocks Urination, Reduce Edema
For edema especially if due to nephritis, swelling, painful urination that is hot or burning with possible dribbling, and painful urination with stones. Also for diabetes.
- Clear Damp-Heat from Liver and Gallbladder
For hepatitis, cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, and hypertension with signs of damp-heat.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Caution should be used when using prescription diuretics though adverse interactions are undocumented.
- Caution should be used when taking coumadin since this herb contains vitamin K, which affects clotting time.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 15-30 grams or 45-60 grams in severe cases in decoction 12
- 15-30 grams in decoction 13
- The sweet and bland taste of this herb flushes dampness from the body.
Clinical Studies and Research