Herb 21 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
Sweet, Bland, Slightly Cold
Semen Coicis Lachyrma-jobi
Yi Ren, Yi Mi, Yi Ren Mi
- Tonifies the Spleen, Resolves Dampness
For dysuria, edema, leg qi, diarrhea, and damp febrile disorders due to Spleen deficiency leading to dampness.
- Clears Wind-Damp, Relieves Pain and Spasms
For stiff joints, muscle spasm and tendon pain due to wind damp painful obstruction.
- Clears Heat and Expels Pus
For lung and intestinal abscesses and postulated carbuncles due to heat. Also for any damp-heat disorder with a greasy tongue and digestion problem.
Contraindications and Cautions
Toxicity and Overdose
- 10-30 grams in decoction 12
- 9-30 grams in decoction 13
- This herb is valued for its abilities to treat symptoms of Dampness while strengthening Spleen, much like Fu Ling. The main differences being Yi Yi Ren will clear heat and Fu Ling will calm the Heart.
Clinical Studies and Research
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: