Herb 28 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Sweet, Salty, Neutral
- Invigorates Blood, Dispels Blood Stasis, Relieves Pain
For Blood Stasis due to trauma with swelling and pain. It enters the Xue level and is for amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal and postpartum chest congestion and dyspnea.
- Stops Bleeding, Generates Flesh, Protects Ulcer surface
Used topically to stop bleeding from trauma. Used internally for upper digestive tract bleeding. For chronic non-healing ulcers, hemorrhoids with swelling and pain, open sores with pus.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not take internally during pregnancy
- Do not use without symptoms of blood stasis
- Do not take during menses
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Allergic reactions reported include pruritus, skin wheals, eruptions, angioneurotic edema of the hands and feet.
- 1-1.5 grams in pills/powders (Bensky)
- 1-1.5 grams in pill/powder (Chen)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: