Herb 16 of 19 in Herbs that Regulate the Qi
Spicy, Slightly Warm, Slightly Sweet, Neutral
Rhizoma Cyperi Rotundi
- Regulates Qi and Spreads Liver Qi
Used for all symptoms associated with Liver Qi Stagnation including pain in the hypochondrium, epigastric region, and abdomen along with fullness. Used for emotional disturbance, poor appetite, chest congestion and frequent sighing
- Regulates Menses and Relieves Pain
Treats gynecological disorders including dysmenorrheal and irregular menses. Also used for breast distension.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use for Qi Deficiency, Yin Deficiency with heat, or Heat in the Blood
- Do not use in patients without Qi Stagnation symptoms
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 6-12 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 6-12 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: