Herb 26 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Semen Vaccariae Segetalis
wáng bù liú xíng
- Moves Blood, Opens Channels
Unblocks menses in cases of amenorrhea. Also for dysmenorrheal, irregular menses, and Bi Zheng by moving blood which opens blockages in the channels. For arthritis due to blocks in the channels and collaterals.
- Reduces Swelling, Promotes Lactations, Drains Abscesses
Treats painful swellings of breasts and testicles. Commonly used for breast disorders like insufficient lactation and breast abscesses and swellings.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use during hypermenorrhea
- Do not use during excess bleeding
- Caution for deficient patients
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 4.5-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
- 6-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- Can initiate labor due to bitterness inducing a strong downward direction/action