Herb 25 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Sweet, Salty, Neutral
Concha Arcae Inflatae
- Invigorates Blood, Dissolves Phlegm, Softens Hardness, Disperses Nodules
For fixed or mobile abdominal masses due to blood stasis, stagnant Qi, or phlegm accumulation. Also treats scrofula and goiter, menstrual pain, chronic cough and phlegm, hepatomegaly, and splenomegaly
- Absorbs Acid, Relieves Pain
Treats acid reflux, gastric and duodenal ulcers, chronic pain in the stomach with vomiting and acid regurgitation.
Contraindications and Cautions
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Only one case of allergic reaction is noted
- 9-30 grams in decoction, 1-3 grams in powder/pill (Bensky)
- 10-30 grams in decoction, 1-3 grams in powder/pill (Chen)
- Should be cooked long time for maximum extraction of active components