Herb 24 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Salty, Cold, Toxic
Eupolyphaga Seu Opistholpatia
Land Soft Shelled Turtle
- Breaks Blood Stasis, Drives out Blood Stasis
Treats Amenorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain, abdominal masses.
- Connects Tendons and Fuses Bones
For trauma, bone fractures, torn tendons and ligaments, lacerations, contusions, and fractures.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic (while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity).
- 3-9 grams in decoction, 1–1.5 grams raw (Bensky)
- 3-10 grams in decoction, 1-1.5 grams raw/powder (Chen)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: