Herb 10 of 15 in Herbs that Tonify Yin
Sweet, Bitter, Very Cold
Tuber Asparagi Cochinensis
tiān mén dōng
Lush Winter Aerial Plant
- Tonifies Kidney Yin, Clears Lung Heat
Treats dry mouth, fever, aversion to wind and cold, chest pain, and hemoptysis or blood streaked sputum. For dry cough, cough with scanty sticky sputum, or cough with blood streaked sputum and difficult to expectorate.
- Tonifies Lung Yin, Generates Fluids, Moistens Dryness
For wasting and thirsting disorder. For thirst, muscle wasting, consumptive cough with blood streaked sputum, low grade or afternoon fevers, constipation, dry stools.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases of diarrhea due to Middle Jiao Deficiency and Cold
- Do not use in cases of cough due to Wind-Cold
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 6-15 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 6-12 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: