Herb 9 of 14 in Herbs that Drain Fire
Sweet, Spicy, Very Cold
- Clears Heat in the Qi level
For very high fever, intense thirst, profuse sweating, big and flooding pulse, and a red tongue with a yellow coating.
- Clears Heat in the Lungs
For cough and wheezing with thick yellow sputum.
- Clears Stomach Fire
For inflamed and painful gums, toothache, and thirst.
- For Burns, Abscesses, and Eczema
Can be taken internally or applied topically for these symptoms.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Caution in patients with weak stomachs, weak pulse, Yang Deficiency, or Yin Deficiency Heat.
- May interfere with Anti-Diabetic drugs.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 9-30 grams, up to 90 grams for very high fever. Cook 20-30 minutes before adding other herbs.
- Calcined form is best for external use.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: