Herb 12 of 12 in Cool, Spicy Herbs that Release the Exterior
Sweet, Spicy, Cool
- Disperses Wind-Heat and Vents Measles
For headache, sore throat and used in the early stages of measles.
- Clears Heat and Toxins
Used when toxins manifest in the upper parts of the body, including toothache, gingivitis, ulcerated lips or gums, and canker sores.
- Raises the Yang Qi
Used for Middle Jiao Qi deficiency manifesting as fatigue, shortness of breath, and prolapse.
- Also used to guide other herbs to the upper regions of the body.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Contraindicated in hyperactive fire symptoms, underlYing Yin Deficiency, excess in the upper, and deficiency in the lower. Also contraindicated in fully erupted measles.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Over dosage may cause headaches, dizziness, vomiting, gastroenteritis, and tremors.
- 1.5-9 grams.
- Part used: rhizome or root.
- Toast with honey for middle Jiao prolapse.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: