Herb 8 of 8 in Aromatic Herbs that Transform and Dissolve Dampness
Spicy, Warm, Aromatic
- Moves Qi, Transforms Damp, Strengthens Spleen
For indigestion, abdominal distention and pain, epigastric distention and pain, lack of appetitie, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Warms the Spleen, Stops Diarrhea
For diarrhea due to cold in the Spleen
- Calms Fetus, Stabilizes Pregnancy
For a restless fetus due to an unstable pregnancy, morning sickness, bleeding, and abdominal pain.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases of heat due to Yin Deficiency
- Sha Ren has anti-platelet action and caution should be used with patients taking antiplatelet or anticoagulant meds. This possible interaction is undocumented.
Toxicity and Overdose
- None noted, though allergic reactions have occurred with pruritis
- 3-6 grams in decoction, added at the end of cooking 12
- 3-6 grams in decoction, crush and add at end of cooking 13
- This herb is warming and helps the Qi to flow smoothly thereby harmonizing the Middle Jiao and naturally calming the fetus.
Clinical Studies and Research
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: