Herb 19 of 29 in Herbs that Clear Heat and Eliminate Toxins
rĕn dōng téng
Tolerate Winter Vine
- Clears Heat and Toxin, Releases Exterior
For many mild signs of heat and toxin including skin eruptions and sores
- Dispels Wind Damp, Unblocks the Channels, and Soothes the Sinews
For Bi Zheng (Pain syndrome) due to wind, damp, and/or heat or itching due to wind.
- Cools the Blood
For heat in the blood signs such as early periods and excessive bleeding. Also treats mastitis and hot abdominal pain with inflammation.
Contraindications and Cautions
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 10-30 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 9-30 Grams in decoction (Bensky)