Herb 8 of 19 in Herbs that Regulate the Qi
Bitter, Spicy, Warm
Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae Viride
- Spreads Liver Qi and Breaks Qi Stagnation
Used for hypochondriac pain, breast distension, cold-type hernial disorder, abdominal pain, intestinal prolapse or bulging pain disorder.
- Disperses Nodules and Resolves Stagnation
Used for masses, nodules and tumors due to Qi and Blood stagnation. Used to treat indigestion, epigastric or abdominal fullness, distention, and stifling sensation with pain that is often associated with severe food stagnation.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in patients with Qi Defiiciency
- Avoid long term use
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 3-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 3-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: