Herb 6 of 7 in Herbs that Clear and Relieve Summerheat
Qing Hao (Spring Harvest)
Herba Artemisiae Apiaceae
- Clears Summer-Heat
Low fever, stifling sensation in chest, headache, dizziness, heavy limbs, with or without sweating
- Treats Malaria and Resolves Heat
Alternating fever and chills (use large fresh dose)
- Clears Yin Xu Heat and Blood Xu Heat
Steaming bone fever without sweating, afternoon fever, constant low grade fever, five palms heat. Its bitter coldness does not injure the stomach, the yin or the blood.
- Cools Blood and Stops Bleeding
Chronic febrile disorders where heat enters Ying level, nighttime fevers and chills in the morning, thirst, flushed face, irritability, no sweating, nosebleeds, purpuric rash
- Clears Liver and Gall Bladder Heat and Brightens Eyes
Red eyes, dizziness, photophobia due to Liver Yang rising, eye disorders
Contraindications and Cautions
- Overcooking decreases effectiveness
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 3-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 3-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
- Qing Hao is proven effective for malaria and some cancer cell lines by breaking down cell walls.
- Fresh herb is best, heat destroys active constituents.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: