Herb 18 of 21 in Herbs that Dispel Wind-Dampness
Spicy, Bitter, Warm
Rhizoma Homalomenae Occultae
qiān nián jiàn
Thousand Years of Health
- Dispels Wind and Damp, Strengthens Tendons and Bones
For pain, numbness, and tightness of tendons. Also treats spasms and weakness in the sinews and bones especially in the elderly. Also for joint pain and tightness as well as traumatic injury.
Contraindications and Cautions
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- There are two reported cases of overdose with symptoms including nausea, vomiting, dizziness, convulsions, unconsciousness and urinary and bowel incontinence.
- 5-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 4.5-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)