Herb 9 of 21 in Herbs that Dispel Wind-Dampness
Sour, Slightly Warm
Fructus Chaenomelis Lagenariae
- Relaxes the Sinews and Opens the Channels
For stiffness and spasms of the sinews, muscles stiffness and spasms, and muscle atrophy. This is one of the best herbs for relaxing the sinews. Also for weakness and pain in the low back
- Harmonizes the Stomach and Transforms Damp
For abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. Also for cramping of the calves and edema in the legs.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases with hyperchlorhydria
- Do not use in cases with Internal Heat Stagnation and scanty dark urine
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 6-12 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 6-12 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: