Herb 4 of 6 in Herbs that Relieve Food Stagnation
Fructus Germinatus Hordei Vulgaris
- Reduces Food Stagnation, Strengthens Spleen and Stomach
It promotes digestion of starches, rice, noodles, wheat, yams and potatoes along with poorly digested milk in infants. Treats Indigestion.
- Inhibits/Promotes Lactation
Large doses will definitely inhibit lactation while a small dose will promote lactation
- Regulates/Smoothes Liver Qi
Treats distension and oppression in the ribs, belching, loss of appetite, breast distension due to Liver Attacking Spleen
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use large dose in mothers who wish to continue lactating
- Do not use in cases without Food Stagnation
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 10-15 grams in decoction. 30-120 grams in large dose for lactation (Chen)
- 9-15 grams in decoction. 30-60 grams to restrain lactation (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: