Herb 2 of 12 in Herbs that Relieve Coughing and Wheezing
Tussilaginis Farfarae Flos
kuăn dōng huā
Welcome Winter Flower
- Moistens Lungs, Descends Qi, Stops Cough, and Transforms Phlegm
For cough and wheeze due to Cold, Heat or Yin Deficiency and chronic cough with blood streaked sputum.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Use with caution for cough due to heat
- Use with caution in cases with lung abscesses or pus and blood in the sputum
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Overdose can cause irritability, restlessness, excitation, and increased respiration.
- Long term use may increase risk for Liver Cancer
- 5-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 4.5-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: